Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
55.56%
5 55.56%
Grizzlies
44.44%
4 44.44%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: DAL (6-3) @ MEM (2-7) | 138-122 win | Mavs NBA best 4-0 on road
Even if KP sits, I think this will be a win. We responded really well after our loss to the Lakers, and I consider that loss to be more disheartening than last night's loss. I expect us to bounce back and have more production from our rotation guys. 

Things I'd like to see: 

- Wright is playing his former team and he had a not so noticeable game last night. I'm hoping he has a bounce back game. He'll have his hands full with Morant so hopefully he locks him down and effects his efficiency. 

- Less Dwight. Dwight's defense since returning has been pretty bad. I don't particularly like the matchup of Valanciunas vs Dwight. He's going to get out muscled down low and will probably get out-rebounded. With KP sitting, Dwight will have to get playing time, but I would hope Rick plays Boban 20-25 minutes and  stay away from going small ball. 

- I'm expecting Brunson and THJ to have better games than yesterday. THJ needs to stay out of his head and just play basketball. He's thinking a bit too much out there but understandable so since he just played his former team (that he had 2 tenures with). I wasn't thrilled with his performance yesterday but I'm hoping he'll revert back to taking good shots and not forcing anything like we've seen in a couple games this season. 

- Consistent rotation. Its tough for guys to stay hot/relatively in their groove when they could start a game and not see the floor until the 4th (i.e. Curry vs Magic). I understand Rick is tinkering with the lineups to figure out who's best paired with who for a late season playoff run but we don't have room to lose games. We need to win our games against teams like Memphis. Logically, the rotation change-ups make sense, but they need to be somewhat consistent. I don't see a reason to not be playing JJax, Curry, our guards. They're deferring to THJ minutes wise while Lee starts some games, but neither of them are long-term pieces.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 9: DAL (5-3) @ MEM (2-6) | Nov 9, 7:00 pm | both on B2B | Mavs 4.5 pt favs - by TheCustodian - 11-09-2019, 01:55 PM