Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
(03-31-2021, 01:00 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: FThings that stuck out...

- "Dallas Twitter, you need to calm the f*** down." - JJ Redick
-  Their video guy for the podcast is a huge Dallas Mavs fan, and Tommy Alter, his co-host with was telling him the day before --"Man, Mavs Twitter is super nervous.  I think you need to put something out rather quick."
- He didn't go to the Twitter because he has a podcast where he can say what he actually wants to say in full without letting everyone interpret his Twitter the way he wants.
-  He does have a ZOOM with the press at the end of practice today.
-  I am rehabbing an injury, not laying out.  
- He had in injection in his heel, has been on the court, and wants to be back and intends to be back with Dallas soon as he can, doesn't know when.
- He will be with the team on Friday in New York (he's in NY right now).
- If what he says is true, he's got all the respect for Dallas, their organization and is excited to play here, but he was totally not expecting it and it was jarring, because of what NO front office had told him to his face, and he feels he can't trust them again.
-  He said that he met with them and asked for a trade in November, because of the COVID protocols, his son's preschool would not really make it feasible for him and his wife to come down to visit, because if you travel, you automatically quarantine for a week, so they couldn't come on weekends and see him and they couldn't ask their 4 YO not to tell anyone he say his dad that weekend.
-  He said that David Griffin told him to come down for a month and if after a month he didn't want to be there, they would get him somewhere he would be happy with and sign off with.
-  He said he was very forthcoming in about 4 conversations with the FO about his reasoning stated above, and he was completely convinced that when he was not traded by the aggregate date that he was definitely getting a buyout and he would return to Brooklyn then...so since the first of February, that's what he was expecting....and that was just about being able to see his family on days off and when he was in town, not signing with Brooklyn.
-  He was tactfully very critical of the NO front office, based on what they said to him, and said he couldn't trust those guys again, and he didn't feel that what happened to him was an isolated incident.  He called himself "naive" because he felt that his status as a veteran of 15 years and the way he's done something that they would honor what they said. 
- He said that he called "Mark" and told him had nothing but praise, but told him the situation that "in any other year, he'd be thrilled to be traded there", but because of all the stuff above, it was hard.  He did say that because of the parameters he was looking for, he was trying to get somewhere within driving distance, and Dallas is actually farther away from Brooklyn than NO.  
-  he was very complementary of Dallas, the front office, of Mark, Carlisle and all the players, naming almost the entire roster by name, and said they were a "good team", it was a "great basketball situation", he called Luka and KP "transcendent young talents" and he looked forward to being on the court with them soon bringing leadership and shooting and was very thankful for being able to play with so many great players in his career and talked about how he'd look back on this in 10 or 20 years and just be so thankful to say "I got to play with this guy and that guy" and it was really great. 

I have no worries.  I do wish it hadn't gone down this way.  Personally, the way he said all that, I don't think for a minute he's not coming to play, play hard and do his best.  I doubt seriously he'll be here after the season is over for sure.
Thanks for the summary, Bama.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by HAguiar95 - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by mtrot - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP - by mavsluvr - 03-31-2021, 02:47 PM