Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem
(03-31-2021, 01:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thanks so much for posting this. I've always heard about this game, but never watched it until now. Some observations:

1) Going into this, I expected it to be a great game, but even with that expectation I was surprised by the high level of play. Both teams were deep with skilled players, and while it's probably not on the same level as the NBA Finals, it's a better brand of basketball than the random pre-all-star Tuesday night matchup between Charlotte and Minnesota for sure. Lots of names NBA fans will recognize on these teams, as if NBA scouts routinely cull the final 4 of this league for talent. I thought the deep benches and 10 minute quarters made for more defensive energy, too. 

2) Melli was pretty damn good in this game. 

3) I was hoping that Luka's interactions with the refs stemmed 100% from cultural difference from this league to the NBA. My takeaway from this viewing was that while there is a difference, Luka was far and away the biggest complainer in this game, just like he is over here. I really hope he grows out of that. I don't think it will make or break his career, but it will help elevate American fans' opinion of him, which I find is becoming oddly important to me.

BTW, a question for my fellow old-heads: Who was the poster who used to make polls all the time and always included a "Real Madrid" option at the end of them?

I’m only through halftime, but like you said.  Nico was impressive, and in very much the same way he was impressive for the Mavs the other night - he was usually in the right place on the court both defensively and offensively, he made good decisions, he made sound passes, and he hit open shots.  He didn’t wow me with his athleticism, but when you play smart you don’t have to do that.

The thing that impressed me most though was when RM isolated him at the top of the key and he had to defend one of their guards fully exposed at the end of the half.  He shut him down by just playing solid D.  

He is the MVP for FB through at least the first half.

And I was saddened by Luka’s constant complaining too.  Hopefully it’s something he grows out of as he matures.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem - by soog - 03-31-2021, 02:08 PM