Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
(03-27-2021, 04:02 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: For sure, and it's not like they traded Harden for Oladipo and some probable bad picks.

Hahaha

I mean, if the second has to be included, there is the option to walk away and just cut your losses. 

That was apparently the other option. They could have let Johnson expire, kept Iwundu, and tried to use the second round pick in the draft. They made the decision that getting a guy who might be able to help in the playoffs was likely greater than whatever they might have been able to get for the pick in the draft. One could reasonably argue that either way, but I don't quarrel with the assessment. 

Not totally sure JJ is gonna be the player some are thinking he will be, then again, he may surprise others too. That's why I take the best approach of wait and see. I think he is worth it if he helps us get a game or 2 in the playoffs, lopsided (our way) if he helps us get out of the first round. If he never shows up, or shows up but can't integrate fast enough and is a non-factor in the playoffs, it was a bad thing...still, not detrimental, but bad.

Agree that we won't know how it all turned out until we see what, if anything, Redick is able to add. But in judging the decision that had to be made at the time, we can only consider the information that was available. Under the same facts and circumstances, I think most, if not all, front offices would have done this deal. 

I view this as mostly found money. If Redick can help the team, great! If it turns out he can't, it's not like the deal is making the team worse. They gave themselves a chance to get Luka some help in the playoffs, and that's about all you can ask for a second-round pick.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by HAguiar95 - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by mtrot - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP - by mavsluvr - 03-27-2021, 04:19 PM