Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
(03-27-2021, 03:19 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think of it as 2 separate arguments. The one you're arguing is this one trade singled out. The one others are arguing is the long term one of is this a good FO. I think both arguments are fine, but you can't change the long term argument into the short term one and vise versa. It mucks things up and everyone talks over eachother and you get to where this is right now. 

To me, the discussion is good both ways cause you have to try to keep the FO honest (whatever that means for a message board community) and every individual move has to stand on their own two feet too. If you're playing the long term argument card, battling it out on the individual merits of each individual move makes sense, otherwise you have too much short term memory syndrome of those who will forget all these little details that would have to be hashed out later with less clarity.

I totally agree with all of this. It's just that those long term argument folks have a way of turning every conversation into the same argument, and while I get the point you're making about that, it's BORING. 

You think I don't want to hammer the "should've traded KP at the deadline" conversation into this board today? I absolutely believe they should have, and I absolutely think that's the only long term topic that actually matters right now, but out of respect to those around who I believe already know where I stand on that situation, I resist.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by HAguiar95 - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by mtrot - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP - by KillerLeft - 03-27-2021, 03:23 PM