Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
(03-27-2021, 02:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, but that's my whole point. 

Yes, everything around Wright has been questionable. Pretty clear that at least the initial signing was an error, and you can make an argument that other links in that chain were rough, too. 

But, if you start your judgement from where they were 48 hours ago, with all of that in the past, this deal is fine to me. Good, even. I do think Redick has a chance to help, and I actually think Melli has the potential to help more than Johnson or Iwundu, who was (and is, imo) an intriguing prospect, but plays behind THJ, DFS, Richardson AND was in the way of Green. Whatever his future is, I don't think it's here in Dallas. 

Judging this deal based solely on this deal, I like it. I agree you can argue that trading the pick forward might've ultimately been a better option, and maybe time will tell. I don't view that door closing as some crazy decision that's going to haunt the team. There have been times that I HAVE felt that way about minor moves like this, but not in this case. 

Reasonable people are free to disagree, but my goodness the sky has been falling for some of you lately. The time for that attitude, imo, was in 2011, when Cuban wiped his ass with a Championship team. He paid the price by being completely irrelevant for the next SEVERAL seasons. But now? They're about to make the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row. This is the beginning of something good, hopefully. Sure, we're impatient and that's ok. But it's unrealistic to expect everything they do to work out exactly as they hope. NOTHING they could've done over the past 2-3 years would have them in contention now. The reality is that it's going to be AWHILE until they get there. 

I'm with @"omahen"...it would be super if we could all just relax and try to ENJOY the journey a little.
I think of it as 2 separate arguments. The one you're arguing is this one trade singled out. The one others are arguing is the long term one of is this a good FO. I think both arguments are fine, but you can't change the long term argument into the short term one and vise versa. It mucks things up and everyone talks over eachother and you get to where this is right now. 

To me, the discussion is good both ways cause you have to try to keep the FO honest (whatever that means for a message board community) and every individual move has to stand on their own two feet too. If you're playing the long term argument card, battling it out on the individual merits of each individual move makes sense, otherwise you have too much short term memory syndrome of those who will forget all these little details that would have to be hashed out later with less clarity.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by HAguiar95 - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by mtrot - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP - by ItsGoTime - 03-27-2021, 03:19 PM