Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 1.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
77.78%
7 77.78%
Pelicans
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 44: DAL (23-21) @ NOP (20-24) | 103-112 loss
(03-27-2021, 12:47 PM)chaparral Wrote: Do we know if any of the new guys are playing tonight.  Isn't odd that the first game with a new team is agents your old team.  Didn't someone tweet that JJ was not happy with the trade.

So, Melli will meet the team in NO tonight, and I assume he'll be available to play, but I'd guess he won't having not practiced yet. We'll see. 

"Not happy with the trade" is a misleading simplification of the Redick situation, I think. He has wanted to get a contract to play for BRK for YEARS, going all the way back to the summer when he signed a huge one-year deal to play for Philly. That's because his wife and kids live in Brooklyn. She's getting tired of moving all the time (Redick has a ton of self-created internet content out there, that's how we know this). So, when it looked like he would be bought out leading up to the TDL, it's only natural that he would get excited about signing a minimum to finish the year in BRK. The fact that they're so well positioned to win this season is a bonus. 

But, we DON'T know that he WANTED to get bought out and leave money on the table, just that he believed he WOULD BE. I expect him to live up to his contract and have a good attitude about it. He's a pro who just learned that he's getting 100% of his last big contract. That's no small thing. 

The pre-existing injury, reducing his availability for the rental period by the day? That's a drag. His attitude about the situation is being way overblown, imo.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 44: DAL (23-20) @ NOP (19-24) | Mar 27, 8 pm | Mavs 1.0 pt favs - by KillerLeft - 03-27-2021, 12:53 PM