Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
Been following the forum but this is my first post.  As a local who has been to at least 10 games a year (pre-covid) since 2003, and a huge fan, i wanted to make a few comments on this trade and the Mavs overall prospects:

1) I like the trade overall, providing the JJ Reddick wants to be here.  I know he wanted to go to the Nets, but I believe he is professional enough to accept the trade to a playoff contender.  I also agree with those who value his experience and I loved the Peja references and remember well how that mid-season trade turned out for the Mavs.  Here was the initial Bleacher Report reaction to that trade - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/5916...any-better.

2) I can't speak for Melli, but as we all know, European players have found a home on the Mavs.  Perhaps that environment will bring out the best but I doubt he gets much playing time.

3) Without injuries, Johnson and Iwundu did not get much playing time this year and did not appear to be long term pieces anyway.  This also gives the potential (hopefully) for the Mavs rookies to start to get a little more playing time this year, especially if they can start games better and have some leads going into the 4th quarter. 

4) While I don't love the 2nd round pick, given that it is 2021 and our improving record, it should be in the 50s.

5) I believe this team has improving chemistry.  I am actually glad that they did not trade out a valuable asset like DFS, Maxi or Brunson trying to get a bigger name.  The chances of a championship are low this year, but we need to continue to build toward the long term Luka contract and a little financial flexibility.  I also think with our ongoing momentum and the fact that we have beaten 3 teams ahead of us in the standings in the last 3 weeks, I like our chances for a second round appearance this year.  That would be a good step toward another long term playoff streak.  I also believe we would be a top 4 team in the west right now wihtout the early winter covid debacle that decimated our roster.

Sorry if I am too positive!   Cool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by HAguiar95 - 03-25-2021, 02:00 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Mavs2021 - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Kammrath - 03-25-2021, 02:02 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick to DAL - by mtrot - 03-25-2021, 02:03 PM
RE: TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP - by Letsgomavs20 - 03-25-2021, 04:55 PM