Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET
(03-25-2021, 12:52 PM)fifteenth Wrote: LOL, I've had that article thrown at me twice in an hour. Glad you guys could find someone to cite to support your argements. 

I still have issues with your argments, even though you can find an article to cite. 

1. Yes, we missed out on Kemba, PatBev and Danny Green. Point you, maybe. I mean, teams miss. All of them. We got beat out by Boston, LA and LA. That won't always be the case as Luka continues to grow.

2. You call the Delon signing a "panick". That's an opinion, not really an argument. I call the Delon signing an attempt to put a versitile guard who can defend next to Luka. The attempt failed, but I'd call it a good try. Looks like their second shot at a versatile guard next to Luka is going a lot better. We'll see. I'm giong to say, not "point you".

3. I don't see evidence that Delon and Coach couldn't get along. I see evidence that Delon couldn't do what coach asked him to do. There's a big difference. Not "point you". 

4. We traded him to get rid of the salary of a guy that didn't work out. I didn't give you a point for item #2, but if I had, I wouldn't be able to give you a point for this. That would be double dipping. I mean, once they realized that they failed on the Delon swing, then getting off his money and adding a player they thought could be useful isn't a seperate failure. 

5. Detroit flipped him by giving him playing time. Delon earning playing time for another team, especially a bad one, isn't necessarily an indictment of the Mavs failure with Delon. 

6. The back end of the Mavs roster is the back end of a roster. It's been better before. It'll probably be better again. But calling all of those guys "fringe" is overstating your case. 

So, no, I still don't buy it. Delon is not an example of some systemic failure by the Mavs.

LOL I was the first one to post that article weeks ago but nice try lumping me in with "you guys" as if this is something new. LOL  I don't really care what you buy or don't buy.  LOL  Of course this is all our opinions.  LOL We are all on the outside look in.  LOL You are entitled to your opinion and I'm fine if you disagree.   LOL Did I LOL enough?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET - by cow - 03-25-2021, 01:12 PM