Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET
(03-25-2021, 11:41 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Taking a swing at Delon wasn't a success. No argument from me on that. I'm not dismissing anything. I pushed back on the "another blemish, the Mavs suck at assett management" sentiment. And I pushed back on the thought (which you make use of in the post I'm replying to) that they just threw away 2nd round picks. 

They spent 2nd rounders to take a shot on Delon. It failed. That's not throwing them away. That's opportunity cost. They spent 2nd rounders to facilitate a trade that got rid of Delon's money and brought back another player. So the continued "threw them away" statement doesn't accuratel discuss what actually happened. 

You can claim they lost both trades, if you want. That's better than citing just a portion a portion of what happened in a trade in order to bolster an argument, while ignoring the balance of the trade.

The results matter. Not the thought process behind them. There are no bonus points for good intentions. Bottom line is. The Mavs had more assets prior to the DWright sign/trade. I don´t really care about winning or losing trades. I care about talent evaluation and asset management. No way to deny that the Mavs lost assets because the talent/fit evaluation wasn´t good.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET - by dirkfansince1998 - 03-25-2021, 11:49 AM