Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET
Interesting trade....that may not matter too much.

Detroit gets a late second round pick and a future '24 Kings second round pick.   They must have liked what they have seen from Dennis Smith...or at least want to give him a closer look.   Hayes will also come back and will be force fed minutes (I believe he is coming back this year, but maybe I am wrong).  Delon is a solid player, but on a team like Detroit they just need to be in the asset collecting stage.

Reading the Kings boards, they really disliked Cory Joseph.   On a separate note, they appear much higher on Holmes than both Hield and Bagley.   They seem to think Holmes is much more a core piece than either of those two.  It does appear to be sort of a logjam at the guard spot.  Although if it doesn't take any minutes away from Haliburtan, than I have no problem with this deal.   Wright could retrieve at least those two seconds next year when he is expiring, if they wish.  

I would imagine the Kings have one more move in them.    It sounds like they aren't moving Barnes.  Although in this sellers market, they may be able to get a decent asset for Bjelinca, who for whatever reason really hasn't gotten any run this year.   Parker is probably going to be a buy out candidate too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Delon Wright to SAC | Cory Joseph + two 2nds to DET - by Chicagojk - 03-25-2021, 07:22 AM