Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
76.92%
10 76.92%
Thunder
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: DAL (19-17) @ OKC (16-21) | 108-115 loss
(03-12-2021, 05:46 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't know if I trust the coaches who thought it was a good idea to sit Luka and KP against OKC.

Seems like you’re assuming this was a conscious choice, based on some coach-held belief that they could win the game without those guys. I don’t know if I trust that all of the assumptions made there are correct. 

For all we know, Cuban made the call. Or Luka, himself. For all we know Carlisle was just as pissed and surprised as we were. We really just don’t know. 

If Carlsile did make the call, then it seems silly to assume that he did so because he thought OKC would be a pushover. That doesn’t seem consistent with what we know about him. It might have been more of a necessary situation due to actual pain management or the need to prevent further injury. Those situations might very well have trumped the need to win. KP’s situation, in particular, seems like it could be completely out of the coaching staff’s hands. This is a business, and that is like a $200 million plus asset that management is either trying to trade or get across the finish line of the season, somehow.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: DAL (19-17) @ OKC (16-21) | 108-115 loss - by KillerLeft - 03-12-2021, 05:52 PM