Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
76.92%
10 76.92%
Thunder
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: DAL (19-17) @ OKC (16-21) | 108-115 loss
(03-12-2021, 04:56 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: You did it. I was genuinely curious and looking for names(i knew there were more).

Kidd won us a title. I don’t expect things to be constant hunky dory, but we accomplished the goal 

Just looked at Collison’s numbers and in his one year here he was at almost his exact career averages. I don’t remember what happened back then. I’ll consider that one a push 

Rondo and Wright is the true list it seems. And there’s still time for Wright to turn back into nothing..........I think Kam hit on the biggest mistake though in Crowder. RC should’ve appealed to whatever was needed to keep him happy(it’s not like he was bad here)........so not that many names over a 13 year period 

I put Crowder, Powell and Aminu on Donnie as guys we should’ve kept and turned into organizational soldiers

You can dismiss all the examples you want, but I think that over simplifies the problem and my list is going to be much longer than yours.

And just so I'm not just dumping on Rick, he also has a lot of success stories, Wright (Brandon), Powell, Mahinmi, Aminu, DFS, Maxi and probably a slew of others players I'm forgetting.  

I think there is fault to go around with Cuban's impatience, Donnie's terrible drafting, the MBT never being able to attract marque talent (Cuban has recently written this off as "we've never had cap space" combined with "we were a terrible team"...clock's ticking now, Mark), Carlisle's quirks with giving newly acquired players minutes and what really appears to be a coach and front office that are out of sync.  

I talk a lot from the gut so it's all worthless, but my feelings on Carlisle really haven't changed since Larry Brown replaced him with Detroit.  His chip here elevated his status nationally.  He's a great basketball mind but he's not the person I'd pick to rebuild around.  I also do kind of think some of the modern NBA has passed him by as far as player relationships go.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: DAL (19-17) @ OKC (16-21) | 108-115 loss - by cow - 03-12-2021, 05:47 PM