Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
76.92%
10 76.92%
Thunder
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 36: DAL (19-17) @ OKC (16-21) | 108-115 loss
(03-12-2021, 12:25 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: There are very few teams in the league that can/will win against any team, minus their top two players. Not sure why people are blowing up the thread with this nonsense.

Yeah, I agree. But, I'm also not disagreeing that the current team/culture is falling flat, too. I don't think those upset are crazy at all. 

I guess I just see it as a team culture change happening at the least opportune moment in the history of the league. Perfect storm. The Mavs' choices are: 1) take drastic steps based on what's happening now, during this crazy time, or 2) trust the trajectory the team was on heading into this season, realizing that the pandemic has had a domino-like effect on everything we're seeing, even in subtle ways we here can't envision. 

Since I believed in Carlisle, Luka, DFS, etc, before the world broke, and since I see evidence everyday in my own life of people being less than their best as a result of the past year, I'm personally inclined to lean into the latter. It sucks that the organization didn't handle this season perfectly, giving us all a much needed diversion from how depressing real life has been this year, but it turns out that they, too, are people going through the same crap we are. I think it makes perfect sense. 

I'd also add that with the exception of PHX, Utah and Philly (maybe some others) and the 3-4 teams at the very bottom of the heap, every team's fans probably feel like their team is underachieving. I mean, MOST teams are hovering near .500, on one side or the other. 

It is what it is.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 36: DAL (19-17) @ OKC (16-21) | 108-115 loss - by KillerLeft - 03-12-2021, 12:34 PM