Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fixing all star weekend
(03-08-2021, 01:05 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Giannis is more unstoppable in the post, than Jokic.  That's why he got the ball.  Personally, I think the game itself and the dunk contest should be trashed, and just have the Skills Competition and the 3 pt shootout.

The way I see it is...its not entertaining watching a pretty standard 2 handed jam that you see pretty much every night in regular NBA games during a exhibition game when no one is even playing defense in the paint.  Nothing against Giannis...its just people want to see creative passes, creative dribbles or half court shots.  Maybe a unique alley-oop.   

Before removing the dunk contest(I like original posters ideas)...maybe try something new like doing height divisions or something.   6 foot 4in and under or something like that.

Since the game has evolved and the long shot is being hit efficiently from deeper and deeper...I was thinking it might have been cool for Dame and Curry have an open mic and bet money for each of their own charities at a long bomb competition.  For example...they each have a mic and one of them says "Ill bet you $10,000 I can beat you best out of 5 shots from there(one of them points to a spot on the floor that is like 40-45 feet from the rim)."   They can either agree or bet on a different spot for $50,000(or some amount of money).   You would get the entertainment of them negotiating and then watching them shot crazy shots from deep.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Fixing all star weekend - by Paul Gasol - 03-08-2021, 09:53 AM
RE: Fixing all star weekend - by dynamicalVoid - 03-08-2021, 10:42 AM
RE: Fixing all star weekend - by HoosierDaddyKid - 03-08-2021, 01:05 PM
RE: Fixing all star weekend - by dynamicalVoid - 03-08-2021, 01:40 PM
RE: Fixing all star weekend - by cow - 03-08-2021, 05:37 PM
RE: Fixing all star weekend - by meistermatze - 03-10-2021, 11:14 AM