Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 03:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For sure. The perfect trade where KP goes to some team who sends back the perfect, all-star 26 year old running mate for Luka isn't out there, and it never will be. From there, it's a simple "if/then" equation. If KP isn't the answer, then you have to get what you can for him and start searching for answers in other places. The fact that KP isn't likely to bring a solution to the 2nd star problem in return does NOT make him a solution to the 2nd star problem. Sadly, that's just not reality.

I think I totally agree. No way you would get a 2nd star for KP. If someone is trading a star, they are likely rebuilding. They don't want a "star" back, they want young players and picks. Our partner is a desperate team. Someone who desperately needs a star to save the season. Mavs are also not interested in rebuild (picks, young players), they want to improve. If I value our guys with marks from 1-6, we have:
- Luka 6
- KP 4
- THJ, JB, JRich 2
- Kleber, DFS 1
- the rest are basically vet min quality or prospects

What I would consider a good trade for Mavs is to turn KP (a 4) into two threes. Or a two and a four. No problem to add an asset to make it happen or eat salary. We need a third (rebuilding) team to pull that off, because the desperate team wants to add player value, not reduce it. This is basically the only way I am trading him. From here on are subjective evaluations of specific players and subjective views what one think a specific team goal is. My examples:

Dal: Bertans (a 2), Collins (a 4, who will be overpaid)
Was (desperate): KP
Atl (looking to get value for Collins): Was and Dal assets

Dal: Vucevic (a good 4, but older), Young (a 2)
Chi (desperate, build around LaVine): KP
Orl: Chi assets (Markannen, picks), Dal asset
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by omahen - 02-26-2021, 03:54 PM