Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 02:17 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: What I speak of is guys like DFS, Maxi, Josh, Powell -- guys we consider part of the core. I'm not saying they aren't good for what they are, but really, aren't these guys all journeymen in the final analysis? They seem like they're all punching a notch or two above their weight, and a perfect storm of things going just right would have to happen for them to succeed in a manner suitable to fully support Luka's talents. 

This team seems to me it needs an upgrade at a number of positions if contention is to become a reality. Perhaps if KP were playing up to expectations, these issues would sort themselves out, but I have my doubts. 

Would love to be convinced I'm wrong.

I think there's some truth to this line of thinking, and many have offered versions of this opinion before. It's valid.

The other side of the coin is that the value of those guys is that they're all great team guys. I think it's really possible that the REASON they were able to punch above their weight successfully is that the TEAM was uncommonly bonded, organized and well-coached. The biggest casualty of this abnormal season, to me, has been Carlisle's ability to coach the team to collectively outperform their individual talents, as he almost always does. I've said this before, but some other similarly detailed coaches, such as Stevens, Nurse and Spoelstra, are also having rough seasons. I don't think it's coincidence - I see cause and effect. MUCH less preparation time and routine for guys who've made careers out of process has resulted in necessary experimentation. Some people are sick of hearing about the "excuses," and I don't blame them. But, just because we're sick of talking about that stuff doesn't mean it's not the absolute center of what has gone wrong. Kind of the elephant in the room, to me, and unavoidable.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by KillerLeft - 02-26-2021, 02:32 PM