Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree about Curry's value, when looked at from that angle. Completely agree. However, Hardaway is like that, too, no matter how sick of him people get around here. Avoiding open catch and shoot opps for him is absolutely on the mind of the opponents in exactly the same way. 

Was having TWO players like that something we took for granted? Yeah, maybe. But, the bigger issue, offensively, is that the guys who ARE left open haven't made the defense pay often enough this season, so far.

Agree with the above. 

From a bigger picture point of view, I am beginning to wonder if some of our attempts to analyze small differences in one player versus another are somewhat ill-taken. More and more, it seems to me we may have been seduced into having greater expectations for this roster than was warranted, even taking into account their genuine bad luck this season. KP is an issue unto himself, and I don't even address him for purposes of this post. 

What I speak of is guys like DFS, Maxi, Josh, Powell -- guys we consider part of the core. I'm not saying they aren't good for what they are, but really, aren't these guys all journeymen in the final analysis? They seem like they're all punching a notch or two above their weight, and a perfect storm of things going just right would have to happen for them to succeed in a manner suitable to fully support Luka's talents. 

This team seems to me it needs an upgrade at a number of positions if contention is to become a reality. Perhaps if KP were playing up to expectations, these issues would sort themselves out, but I have my doubts. 

Would love to be convinced I'm wrong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by mavsluvr - 02-26-2021, 02:17 PM