Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 11:30 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Maybe, but my point has little to nothing to do with his value. 

I'm pretty flexible in my thinking (at least I think of myself that way), but one thing I'm absolutely binary about is this: to build a great defense in the NBA, you need at least a good defensive center, if not a great one. 

Regardless of KP's value, he has not given me an ounce of hope this season that he'll ever become the defender I thought he'd be. And NO, I don't think simply reaching the level he has already shown on that end once again is enough. I thought he had a ways to go last season, tbh. 

Just not a combination of play style and position I'm interested in pursuing, and because of the weaknesses causing that opinion, I'm equally skeptical of moving him to a different position and pairing him with a center. I LOVE his potential to pull opposing bigs out of their comfort zones and create space for the offense, and in time, I believe he can learn to deal with the counter of being guarded by smaller guys. But, the defense...makes any time spent a waste. 

At this point, I just flat out believe the Mavs are spinning their wheels with this dude. He'd have to play better than he ever has as a Maverick for about 50 straight games to change my mind. I'm done. Richardson, on the other hand, I'm still hoping fits better as time passes. But KP? I've seen enough.
Only problem I have with this take is the thinking that this is who he have in KP and JRich. Long lasting injury that keeps him from developing his game is a legit concern with KP, if he can just finish out the season healthy, I believe we see a big step up from him next year. Honestly, I’m beginning to question RC more than KP or JRich.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by ItsGoTime - 02-26-2021, 11:37 AM