Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(02-26-2021, 11:04 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: It definitely looks bad so far. I haven't completely given up on Richardson yet, and even for those who have, there are still ways to use him as an asset. So, the book isn't closed yet. 

If Luka leaves, the beginning of the end will have been the KP trade and contract. That's the turd in the punchbowl right now. Fixing that, either by getting star level play out of him (including defense) or by moving on from him advantageously is of paramount importance. If/when they figure out how to do that, all these other moves/players will start to fit into the puzzle more clearly, I think.

I think you are too down on KP's value. He is still 20/8 for the season with good offensive numbers and upside. That trade was still a great trade and I promise you that if they traded KP today they would get back a better deal than they gave up. Mavs essentially took on a bad contract, gave up 2 picks and gave up worthless players in the deal.

On paper that was a great trade. So far it hasn't worked out but we have had moments where it looked great. The injury piece is the most troubling.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by StepBackJay - 02-26-2021, 11:21 AM