Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
(01-31-2021, 03:42 PM)cow Wrote: I just don't see it as very different from the team that wasted the last years of Dirk's prime.

Ahhhh...there it is. Different conversation. 

I think Dirks prime ended in 2011. I know there are advanced stats that disagree, but I watched the games, and never quite felt he was a superstar ever again. I don't really blame the MBT for much during that time, other than breaking up the title team and then not simply choosing to rebuild soon after. I can totally agree that some HORRIBLE decisions were made during that post championship era, but I think they were symptoms of not really knowing how to reset the franchise (without Dirk retiring). 

My real beef with the MBT is what happened between the beginning of the Nash/Finley/Dirk era and 2011. THAT is when they were truly rudderless, imo, and THAT is what is more apples-to-apples comparable to the situation they're in now with Luka. I'm saying they are doing different things NOW than they did THEN. Personally, I'm glad.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by KillerLeft - 01-31-2021, 03:50 PM