Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
Donnie has hit spectacularly on Dirk and on Luka. Yes one of them might have been a no brainer but there were teams that passed on him. However overall I would characterize Donnie’s tenure as disappointing. Dirk should have multiple titles here. Dirk had his flaws too but there was a stat about transcendent players leading their team to perennial playoffs and Dirk was the only guy with one title. 

If you get stars to come like the Nets or Heat you can see that nothing else matters. Else you have to have a plan If you see Riley, the one thing he always has stressed is a dominant force at the 5 spot.  Adebayo was not an accident. Coincidentally that seems one of Donnie’s biggest flaws. He always seems to get it wrong in terms of the strength needed to play down low.  Even though the two times Dirk made the Finals he had the best centers alongside him, it is as if Donnie refuses to learn. 

As for this year I whole heartedly agree with @"dirkfansince1998".  Let us put aside this season. Even last season this offense struggled in clutch situations against good teams. Luka is great but he is very young. It is not an accident that the offense stalls. I think in trying to placate Luka and the new age stars who demand trades the moment they are unhappy, the Mavs have gone the other extreme. That is not the right approach to take. RC should be calling the majority of plays and and not just allow free reign to Luka. This will also help Luka in the long run. If he cannot accept that and wants to leave , what can you do?  My basketball cup of joy was forever filled with that Dirk title. Luka stays or goes doesn’t bother me. Team first for me and stars who are willing to play within that construct.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by hakeemfaan - 01-31-2021, 03:05 PM