Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs
(01-31-2021, 07:29 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I know Lebron made the playoffs his third year.

Luka is already better than Dirk. If he had Marion, Kidd, peak Chandler, and sixth man of the year Terry, the Mavs would have the league’s best record.  Last night is a good example.  29 points on 54.5% shooting and over 40% from the three. He threw in 8 rebounds and 7 assists for good measure.  I know it seems ordinary because of what we’re used to from him, but that’s a spectacular game.  It’s hard to lose when all you have to do with the rest of the roster is build on a foundation like that. There’s only a little more that Luka, any player could do.   He’ll get a little better, but the Mav’s future is not dependent on his continued development.  It’s dependent on everyone else’s.

Luka has the ball in his hand most of the time so the boxscore numbers actually do a good job when it comes to measuring his impact. Same wasn´t the case with Dirk. Dirk had the mentioned guys on the same team for exactly one season. Post allstar break KP was a better 2nd option than anything Dirk ever had in his career.
Last years supporting cast probably has a case over the 2006 finals team. Dirk made the finals with a playoff rotation of Terry, Howard, Stackhouse, Harris, Dampier, Diop and Griffin. The league has changed and I don´t think similar runs are possible against multiple superstar teams but right now I´d easily take peak Dirk over any version of Luka.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs - by dirkfansince1998 - 01-31-2021, 07:41 AM