Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
(01-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: This is easily the roughest stretch of his Mavs career and I´m not sure he has the energy or connection with the young generation to fix it. I think he´ll "step down" at the end of the year, get the full salary and the Mavs will look for a younger head coach.

I think people forget that a lot of guys asked for his head prior to the 10/11 season. He also had to coach a team that was build around DSJ/Matthews/Barnes.
Losing streaks happen and right now the Mavs obviously look really bad but I think he gets a lot of input from his younger staff members. It´s not like RC hasn´t adapted to different rules, play styles and rosters. Pistons and Pacers were defensive minded grit and grind teams. In his early days as a Mavs coach the team played a post heavy offense with two 7ft guys on the floor. Now he is all about pace and space in a flow offense. More freedom for his PG. High 3-point volume and no post ups.

It´s not like RC has one prefered scheme that he enforces on all teams he ever coached. That´s what SVG or D´Anthony do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by dirkfansince1998 - 01-30-2021, 11:40 PM