Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs
(01-30-2021, 03:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Half of this board thinks nobody on the team except for Luka is any good

So, if you take out all the other variables of this year, which other teams are all facing to a large extent as well, then the spectrum of the debate is this:

BAD TALENT, GOOD COACHING <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> GOOD TALENT, BAD COACHING

I think people on this board vacillate (sometimes wildly and often irrationally) on this spectrum, trying to put their finger on whatever is happening. Folks will call for Donnie to be fired for incompetence at assembling talent, or RC to be fired for incompetence at getting the talent to play together.

@"KillerLeft" it seems like you might be about here:

BAD TALENT, GOOD COACHING <---------------X----------------------------------------------------------------------------> GOOD TALENT, BAD COACHING

I am probably here:

BAD TALENT, GOOD COACHING <-----------------------------------------------------------------------X---------------------> GOOD TALENT, BAD COACHING

I basically think Luka is so good that there is no way this should be an under 0.500 team. I think the players around Luka also aren't total scrubs. So I think more of the blame is on coaching rather than talent. It is important to note that I put chemistry issues squarely in the coaching column (which I know isn't always the coaches fault, but I still think that is generally where it should fall). I think a huge part of the task of NBA coaching is developing a chemistry like Quinn Snyder has developed in UTA, getting players to 1) buy in to the schemes/gameplan, 2) work together, and 3) give consistent effort.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs - by Kammrath - 01-30-2021, 04:11 PM