Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
(01-30-2021, 03:01 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: We have never had a star player publically call his team mates lazy.

He said WE, not "my teammates". It is completely true and the right thing to say. What would you want him to say? That everything is ok?

I don't think you can compare Mavs with Houston. Those guys had a huge chip on their shoulders because of the Harden situation. It really brought them together as a team. But those kind of things have a short term effect. 

IMHO, Mavs biggets problem is the horrible three point percentage. It is devastating for the morale if you can't hit wide open shots. Opposing defenses are just leaving guys like DFS/Green/Iwundu/Johnson wide open and pack the paint, which is frustrating Luka.  Mavs system depends on three pointers and they are dead last in three point percentage. They are shooting 34 % on wide open threes. They were shooting almost 40 percent on that kind of shots last season. Mavs are basically playing 4 on 5 offense.

I think a lot of these is just a slump, lack of confidence. Mavs need a break, a couple of wins and everything will start falling in place.

Sure, Carlisle might fall if Mavs don't make the playoffs. But only in this case.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by omahen - 01-30-2021, 03:20 PM