Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
38.89%
7 38.89%
Jazz
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (14-4) | 104-116 loss
(01-27-2021, 11:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Whoa, whoa. 

I have consistently said that they are nowhere close to a championship team, including during the playoffs last year. And before. And all off-season.

And I don’t agree that all of these role players are this bad. I don’t agree that they just “got hot” last year. 

I actually think the things you just said were not the problems are all very plausible contributors. But, since you brought up rose colored glasses, I think that comment does apply to Luka and KP. they are both talented, and the team is lucky to have both of them, but I think we are seeing right now that they are not ready to lead a team to a championship. There is something broken right now, and it has to involve them, more than a little. Nothing we can do but hope it gets fixed.
Sorry if you thought my post was focused on you, it wasn’t.  As a matter of fact, I think you and I have both agreed on the desire for upgrades (i.e. Collins).  I also don’t believe that our players are as bad as they are playing right now.  

What I find crazy is all of the excuses.  First it was we don’t have KP.  Now we want to trade him.  Then it was FAT Luka, the only guy in the league that came in out of shape.  Then Dallas became the only team hit by COVID.  Then we just need our marginal starters back.  Then there was dissension in the locker room.  Then we needed Maxi.  Then we didn’t have leadership.  Then it was Carlisle forgot how to coach.

This has nothing to do with you.  Frankly I think you are one of the most level headed and thoughtful posters on this forum.  I’m just not a big excuses guy, especially when I believe that we are several players away from being legitimate contenders, yet 80% of the talk centers around “wait till tomorrow”.

Just me venting about what I feel are unrealistic expectations.  Hope the Mavs prove me wrong.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (13-4) | 104-116 loss - by RDB - 01-28-2021, 12:15 AM