Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
38.89%
7 38.89%
Jazz
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (14-4) | 104-116 loss
(01-27-2021, 11:33 PM)omahen Wrote: PnR defense was absolutely attrocious. Criminaly bad. KP drop coverage didn't do any help as the guards/wings were unable to get around Gobert screen and it was 2 against 1 all the time. He should either aggresively help at screen or switch.

OMG OMG OMG THIS

I’m sure the extent to which Porzingis was absolutely putrid defensively tonight has been well established in this thread on earlier pages, so I won’t comment on that. Actually, yes I will, because I can’t help it: KP was absolutely putrid on defense tonight.

Here’s what I want to know: there was one possession where Johnson and a wing switched a high pick and roll above the break and the result was a very well defended sequence ending with a contested shot. Every other big who played tonight was in drop coverage, even freaking Dwight Powell. If that dude can’t switch the pick and roll, why play him at center? That should be the upside of playing him there.  Same for WCS, honestly, but seeing Powell in DEEP drop coverage made me snap.

I hate it sooooo much.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (13-4) | 104-116 loss - by KillerLeft - 01-27-2021, 11:37 PM