Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Rockets
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss
(01-24-2021, 12:04 AM)cow Wrote: Not to harp on his shot selection too much, but I do think he needs to cut those step-back threes out a bit.  When he overdribbles on the wings, I think the whole team knows what is coming and is a bit defatting as the movement and cuts stop.

And to be fair to Luka, purely by circumstance, this is some of the worst talent we've had around him since the back half of his rookie season.

Incredibly bad talent around him this game. We really need to start be critical of the rookies.

I agree he should cut down on the step-back threes. When they are not going in, he just needs to attack instead.

However, when they start going in, he should just continue doing them. In essence, it is a bad play, Luka is covered by a defender. As a defense, this is what you hope for, just to challenge the opponent shooting the ball.

In definition, it is nothing different than Dirk posting up, being well defended by an opponent, this is also a bad play in essence, and it is same type as step-back 3, just a bit closer to the basket. They both can always get the shot off even with defenders on them, just using different styles, Dirk with fadeaway, Luka with step-back 3. I am fine with the posting up and step-back threes plays. In theory its bad NBA plays. But if someone executes them well, why not. As long as they go in effectively enough. And when they dont, need to cut down on that for sure. When they go in however, it changes the flow of the game. Defense gets in panic, not being able to defend that, even when they have a guy in proper defending position. Obviously, step-back 3s will have less rate of success than posting up as its further from basket, but they also give 3 instead of 2 points. So overall, I am fine with both these plays. Just go with whatever works.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss - by burekemde - 01-24-2021, 07:15 AM