Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Rockets
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss
(01-23-2021, 11:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Got a feeling there’s no changing anyone’s mind on this 3rd rail issue, but when I see those stat lines, I don’t see randomness. I see one version of Hardaway who’s playing to his strengths within a working offense that’s symbiotic to his skill set and another version of him where nobody on the court can create anything for anyone else (for a variety of reasons) so he winds up trying to make offense where none exists. 

Is there a simple element of “make or miss” involved with BOTH versions? Yes. But, I think his success last year was an important cog in a well-oiled machine, and showed elements of both chicken and egg, if that makes sense.

That's also true to some point, but Tim scored many points on pull ups and drives in his great games this season. We have to know the extend of his game. If he is just a good spot up shooter who is great sometimes, he is much less valuable. 

I attempted on writing a post about him to explain the volatility on his shooting a couple of days ago, but couldn't find a consistent pattern, so scratched it.

Although his general 3pt% declines, He gets better on his wide open catch and shoot threes in his first season in New York. Just I was about to get the idea that he only suffered from trying to do too much on a bigger role and higher volume, his second year in NY numbers show a sharp decline to 31% from C&S, yet better numbers on contested pull up threes with decent volume.

So still not sure what to expect from him. He can be a 3&D player with not so great D but a higher volume option, or he can be the best third scoring option available on the market with a little bit more of Rick tuning.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss - by pompelmo - 01-24-2021, 12:14 AM