Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
12 100.00%
Spurs
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15: DAL (8-7) @ SAS (8-8) | 122-117 Win
(01-22-2021, 03:50 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: In the case of the Mavericks, I think there is a pretty good chance that this wasn't a "mistake," in the sense of being caught unawares and making the wrong decision. I think that, with the whole COVID thing, they were aware that this would be an asterisked season, with a lot of absences and postponements likely, and no particular assurance that all 72 games would even be played. 

I suspect they had already concluded that they were not going to win it all without a much more solid defense, and decided to go ahead and move forward with their plans to fundamentally change their approach on that end, live with the consequences in this shortened weird season, and get a jump on the following season. 

I could be wrong, but I feel like there is a certain amount of method in all this madness.

Very possible. 

From MY perspective, this sucks. Life sucks right now, and I wanted the Mavericks to be fun to watch, at least. The kind of basketball they're playing currently isn't entertaining, hasn't been successful and doesn't inspire much hope, even if it ultimately gets them closer in the long run (which isn't guaranteed).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 15: DAL (7-7) @ SAS (8-7) | Jan 22, 7:30 pm | Mavs 2.0 pt & 3.0 pt favs - by KillerLeft - 01-22-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: GAME 15: DAL (8-7) @ SAS (8-8) | - by omahen - 01-22-2021, 10:57 PM