Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell
(01-07-2021, 02:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't know of a single person here who feels Powell should be the lone big. Literally, not one. 

I DO think it's possible that he will be the best choice to play WITH Porzingis (if Powell is playing like himself). I don't anticipate Kleber will remain in the starting lineup (at least regularly) when KP comes back. 

We should learn a lot more very soon, I suppose. I can't wait to see how much of an impact KP makes just by being out there. That's something we debated quite a bit over the off-season.

Its a little early to be looking at lineup data, but what we have on Maxi is striking.  Play him with Powell...fantastic.  Play him with Willie...also fantastic.  The net ratings are off the charts for both pairings.  He's easily the most malleable big in terms of which other big he can play with.  Play him as the lone big...abysmal.    

It should be safe to assume Maxi could start with KP also.  But the history we have (the data from last season) says Powell/KP was the better pairing.  The main reason we'll probably see Powell/KP given a chance at some point is it is easier to construct rotations if you split up the outside shooting ability of KP and Maxi to where one is always on the floor.  You certainly could start out with KP and Maxi and that is very likely to be the finishing lineup many nights.  But starting Maxi makes the rotation pairings more difficult if you assume they want to avoid Powell/WCS playing together.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell - by DanSchwartzgan - 01-08-2021, 08:06 AM