Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Juan Jose Barea to DAL | 1yrs, $2.6M (vet min) | now released
(12-09-2020, 07:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: https://media.giphy.com/media/2RGhmKXcl0ViM/giphy.gif

While I'm disappointed at JJB's stubbornness at not being willing to join the coaching staff outright, and at the possibility of his playing elsewhere, hats off to him for all he has done for the franchise - especially his growth and spirit as a player who came in undrafted, and most of all for his quintessential contributions as one of the six core players of the championship team.

Hard to be disappointed in him wanting to continue playing.  Honestly, I expected nothing less from him.  I hope he catches on somewhere (and plays). Either way, he is an athlete that wants to go out HIS way.  For an UDFA who played 15 years, that is exactly the way it should be.  Classy move by the Mavs though - both in signing him to a guaranteed contract, and then honoring his request for his release to go try and latch on with another club instead of milking his JJ-ness during the preseason!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Juan Jose Barea [5'6", 4'11" WS] to DAL | 1yrs, $2.6M (vet min) - by Mavsfan12 - 12-10-2020, 12:48 AM