Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Westbrook to WAS | Wall + lottery protected '23 1st to HOU
(12-03-2020, 12:43 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Obv with Wall is he had an avalanche of injuries but I think he's going to be finally back to near full strength. His game compliments Harden's better since he can do more off-ball stuff (like you know, shoot) vs Westbrook who could do pretty much nothing without the ball in his hands.

I can see why the Wiz would like Westbrook who is a very good player without the baggage of being injured for 2 years. Beal can also do more off-ball stuff. Westbrook will all a high usage rate but I think he can help raise the floor of that Wiz team. I can definitely see why both teams had interest in swapping players.

I am not certain yet that Houston is going to take a huge step back unless they decide to trade Harden. Assuming they keep Harden they are still putting together a roster that will be a playoff team in that 4-6 range most likely.

Houston's starting lineup is something like: Wall, Harden, House or Gordon, Tucker and Wood. This is still a good lineup with Gordon being maybe a 6th man. Cousins will provide some offense off the bench but I think he is close to being cooked.

That starting lineup gives you 5 out without having to go ultra small. Tucker at the 4 makes a lot more sense. I know RoCo would have been better in that lineup but they cashed in on a good deal for RoCo. Tucker at the 4 means you don't have to have RoCo at the 4 and an athletic 5 who can shoot outside is perfect for their system.

So all that to say I would not count out the Rockets as a force in the West. I don't think they sign Wood to the deal they did if they were going to blow things up.

They basically traded RoCo for Wood and a pick.  (as they used ariza/one of the two picks from Por to get Wood in SnT).  It was evident that they couldn't go COMPLETELY centerless...  lol.  I think their offseason is ending with them actually feeling pretty good about themselves and their chances.  Taking a flyer on Boogie was pretty savvy.  Now we see if Harden is on board or not.  He is the motor that makes that team run.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Westbrook to WAS | Wall + lottery protected '23 1st to HOU - by Mavsfan12 - 12-03-2020, 12:52 PM