Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Jae Crowder to PHX | 3yrs, $30M | DAL offered more $$$
(12-02-2020, 12:17 AM)Tyler Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:21 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: It does appear Dallas has a type (large wing/mobile big) and for some they are willing to go multi-year (Gallo and RoCo) and some they are not (Crowder).

To my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong and simply missed it), I've seen no evidence that Dallas offered Gallo a (guaranteed) multi-year deal. I got the impression that was the ultimate hangup both at the last trade deadline and also in free agency.

RoCo is obviously a multi-year guy, though.  

It is just a deduction on my part.  There was a ton of reporting from multiple sauces who quoted team officials (not just regurgitating speculation on another site) that he was a target.  Dallas pretty clearly had the ability to S&T for someone making up to $19mm with the players who actually left.  If they had intention of being "in" on someone who got $61.5mm, they had to know it would take multiple years.  There was no point picking up the phone otherwise.  BTW, Gallinari's starting salary with Dallas could have been up to $19,147,000.  What did he get in Atlanta?  $19,500,000.

jesusshuttlesworth82
(12-01-2020, 11:21 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Upon further review (with the benefit of additional information), I was probably right about this being a potential expansion of the Johnson deal where Dallas gets Crowder and Johnson goes back to Miami.  It also appears this was a large one year offer, not multi-year.

you were not right at all

quit being a fish disciple. he has no idea whats going on and neither do you
were going to sign Christian wood  were going to start powell , none of that shit is happening
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Does Fish still write about basketball?

We have it straight from the horses mouth that Dallas made an effort on Crowder and that it was for more than the full MLE that he got from Phoenix.  If you have another theory on how that could have possibly happened, please share it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Jae Crowder to PHX | 3yrs, $30M | DAL offered more $$$ - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-02-2020, 07:55 AM