Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Jae Crowder to PHX | 3yrs, $30M | DAL offered more $$$
(12-01-2020, 11:21 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 07:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 06:57 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: The point is having room for Giannis may have been more by accident than design.  Maybe Dallas feels it is close with what it has and one more guy (a four that pushes DFS/Powell to the bench) and we are good.

I have never thought it was "Giannis or bust" so I agree with the spirit of what you're suggesting. 

I DON'T think Gallo, RoCo or Crowder are guys who would make them think "we are good" but I can see them all in the similar light of "we think these guys are worth a certain amount of money and the trouble of working around that amount." 

But call me crazy...I like the way it turned out better.

Upon further review (with the benefit of additional information), I was probably right about this being a potential expansion of the Johnson deal where Dallas gets Crowder and Johnson goes back to Miami.  It also appears this was a large one year offer, not multi-year.

It does appear Dallas has a type (large wing/mobile big) and for some they are willing to go multi-year (Gallo and RoCo) and some they are not (Crowder).  Johnson is a better fallback than Ariza given our needs and is also better than giving a multi-year to the wrong guy.  If you go back to the Rankings done by The Athletic, Gallo and RoCo were in tier 4a.  Crowder is in Tier 5 along with Curry, Maxi and THJ.
you were not right at all

quit being a fish disciple. he has no idea whats going on and neither do you
were going to sign Christian wood  were going to start powell , none of that shit is happening
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Jae Crowder to PHX | 3yrs, $30M | DAL offered more $$$ - by jesusshuttlesworth82 - 12-02-2020, 02:37 AM