Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Jae Crowder to PHX | 3yrs, $30M | DAL offered more $$$
(12-01-2020, 11:21 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: It does appear Dallas has a type (large wing/mobile big) and for some they are willing to go multi-year (Gallo and RoCo) and some they are not (Crowder).

To my knowledge (please correct me if I'm wrong and simply missed it), I've seen no evidence that Dallas offered Gallo a (guaranteed) multi-year deal. I got the impression that was the ultimate hangup both at the last trade deadline and also in free agency.

RoCo is obviously a multi-year guy, though. Assuming that rumor is true, I imagine Dallas saw him as easily tradable if necessary. 

Basically, I'm not so sure that the main plan all along wasn't to preserve cap flexibility for next summer and get a good player for a year if possible. HIBW. But I do agree that they have a type when it comes to large wings and mobile bigs these days. I'll also add that they clearly have a thing for small playmakers.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA: Jae Crowder to PHX | 3yrs, $30M | DAL offered more $$$ - by Tyler - 12-02-2020, 12:17 AM