Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: James Johnson to DAL | Wright to DET | Ariza + JJ to OKC
(11-25-2020, 05:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I don't think people are really excited for James Johnson because of his basketball skills, but moreso excited for the fact he's one crazy mf'er who will take down any single person in the league. 

There is a 5 minute highlight reel of Jonhson getting into it with opposing players and protecting his teammates after hard fouls. We were sorely missing that with bitch ass Morris on the Clips running wild in the playoffs. If we had James--undefeated in MMA-20-0 kickboxing record-karate blackbelt-Bloodsport-Johnson protecting our stars, you best believe Morris would've either been severely hurt, or ejected in multiple games. If KP doesn't get ejected game 1 there is a real chance the Mavs win that game. Luka won 2 games by himself. The whole series could've been different. 

I also think that Johnson is a big defensive wing that has shown the ability to be able to guard the Lebrons, Kawhi's and AD's of the world. And we got him for essentially nothing. Thats why I'm excited for him. I don't really care if he scores 3 points or 13 points. I just want him in the game to take down someone and put the fear of God in everyone else to not touch Luka/KP.

Some of the basketball skills are the reason this is my favorite move, though being an enforcer type is definitely big. Johnson is the closest thing to a two way player we are adding. He's not like Iwundu where the defensive gains are offset by offensive losses, Johnson actually has some offensive game too.

12 points 4.7 boards 3.8 assists 1.4 steals 1.4 blocks in 24 mpg with 37% from deep in his short stint with the Wolves. Still has some game
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: James Johnson to DAL | Wright to DET | Ariza + JJ to OKC - by MrGoat - 11-28-2020, 01:00 PM