Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Trey Burke to DAL | 3 yrs, $10M
(11-21-2020, 08:43 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Getting the feeling that Brunson is on the move with Burke + JJB news. At first I thought JJB was going to be like 15th spot mentor, but then they signed another wing and reports are they aren't done making moves. Well that would make you think that JJB is actually going to play which means the odd man out is likely Brunson. Both Burke and JJB make Brunson disposable. I wonder if Rick was trying to figure out last season whether or not he should keep Brunson which is why JJB got mostly spot duty.

I will amend my comments to say that it could be someone else on the move. Boban never really got steady minutes and Powell blew out his achilles. Any one of these guys **in theory** could get moved.

I don't think JJB and/or Burke make Brunson expendable. Burke's not really a point guard here, he's more of a scoring guard. And I'm pretty sure JJB will serve the "break glass in case of emergency" role.

Brunson is really the only game ready, everyday backup pg on the roster. JRich could fill in. And I think Terry could handle those duties eventually. IMO Brunson is really important to the roster. I think the backup pg position is important, Brunson is the only one we have (for everyday use), and he's actually really good at it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
FA: Trey Burke to DAL | 3 yrs, $10M - by Kammrath - 11-20-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: FA: Trey Burke to DAL | 3 yrs, $10M - by loki - 11-20-2020, 10:08 PM
RE: FA: Trey Burke to DAL | 3 yrs, $10M - by cow - 11-21-2020, 02:35 AM
RE: FA: Trey Burke to DAL | 3 yrs, $10M - by fifteenth - 11-24-2020, 11:44 AM