Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could we somehow fleece Vlade again?
(11-01-2019, 04:25 PM)Thukydides Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 03:27 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: When did we fleece him the first time?

I´d consider the Barnes/JJ swap a huge fleece. At the time you couldn´t expect HB to waive his player option and he surely wouldn´t have done that with the Mavs, as they wouldn´t have offered him a crazy contract like Vlade did. Getting JJ and the opportunity of capspace - which granted we didn´t use - for HB and not having to give up anything else was a fleece IMO.

Man, I hope I don't have to compare the two players to make the point. There really is little comparison at the time of the trade (and even now, but the trade isn't happening now, it happened when HB showed he was a decent starting quality player, which there is no proof that JJ will be at the very least that). 

We have no clue what HB would have done with the crazy money that was available in the offseason, and that might be the reason Sac reupped him for the amount they did cause HB and his agent showed what other teams were willing to offer.

I said at the time of the trade that the even trade would have been with the addition of Harry Giles. We see with the commitment they made to HB how desperate they were to get him from us. The trade IMO was lopsided, but in the direction of Sac.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could we somehow fleece Vlade again? - by Mak - 11-01-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: Could we somehow fleece Vlade again? - by ItsGoTime - 11-01-2019, 06:36 PM