Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(11-20-2020, 05:58 PM)cow Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 12:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Josh Richardson question:

Why does half the board think that playmaking is in his toolbox, and half the board thinks playmaking is not in his toolbox?

I think he has it.

Because half of us are correct and half of us are wrong.

So he does have playmaking but it's.... The issue is that it comes at the expense of his shooting game. He's not a guy that creates his own shots and when he does he's not particularly efficient. He's a good passer and can find guys but he's not a guy that's going to be initiating your PNR game efficiently. He's sort of pretty good at both. But not when doing them at the same time. 

That's my kind of read on the situation and why there's sort of mixed feelings on his playmaking. 

I think he'll be a fantastic fit here because he'll not have to create much and he can drill open 3s at a very good clip. 
But I don't think he's going to help get Luka much rest initiating the offense. 

But I could see a scenario where between him and THJ there is enough passing and ball handling (Richardson is capable as a ball handler) where it sort of gets you a sort of combo of secondary playmaking within your team offense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by cjeter24 - 11-22-2020, 12:01 AM