Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: James Johnson to DAL | Wright to DET | Ariza + JJ to OKC
(11-21-2020, 02:07 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:50 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...3803871235
Anyone who complains about this off season should be traded to another forum for someone who can see how much better the Mavs are now and how they are setup for future moves...
I couldn't agree more, Clutch. Donnie Nelson has just murdered it this week. We are putting a better team on the floor with the draft, trades, signings and returns of Brunson/Powel AND have only improved our positioning for the TDL and 21 FA. It's been subtle, so maybe your average fan doesn't understand but for the folks around here .... winning!

(11-21-2020, 04:54 AM)LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:48 AM)omahen Wrote: So much of what a positive value Wright is Smile I was hoping for something better, but I guess ok. We cleared 2021 money and got a servicable player. We now have 13 roster spots taken (no Barea, no WCS).

Let’s talk about Barea. Do we need an end of the bench play-maker for just in case?
Not in my opinion. DAL has fully transitioned in to the next era and that includes leadership. I'd rather have the roster spot.

(11-21-2020, 10:11 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 09:55 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Ya so @Kammrath was right on this all along. Mavs did not have to use a pick to unload Wright which means he was probably a slight positive asset given that he has an extra year on his deal. I am happy Mavs did not have to use draft capital to dump his deal.

Sure., because Johnson 15 mil is a fair contract for the player like him Smile Two negative contracts were swapped...
One is over and off the books going into 21 FA. The other isn't. DAL used two pieces that were completely out of the rotation and found a contributor and cap space.
" I always wanted to be a basketball player. Nothing more, nothing less." - Dirk Nowitzki
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: James Johnson to DAL | Wright to DET | Ariza + JJ to OKC - by jdb152 - 11-21-2020, 12:06 PM