Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: James Johnson to DAL | Wright to DET | Ariza + JJ to OKC
(11-21-2020, 08:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:48 AM)omahen Wrote: So much of what a positive value Wright is

Wasn't a NEGATIVE asset and that was my whole point. You flipped him for a BIG expiring contract (worth a lot by itself) and a very usable, tough, gritty wing who has a career 14.6 PER (14.8 PER last year). I nor no one else was saying Wright was a big positive asset that was going to fetch a future 1st or something.

Ya so @"Kammrath" was right on this all along. Mavs did not have to use a pick to unload Wright which means he was probably a slight positive asset given that he has an extra year on his deal. I am happy Mavs did not have to use draft capital to dump his deal.

I like the James Johnson fit and having that large expiring contract which are always useful to have *just in case* you need it. Mavs don't spend money just to spend it.

(11-21-2020, 04:54 AM)LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 04:48 AM)omahen Wrote: So much of what a positive value Wright is Smile I was hoping for something better, but I guess ok. We cleared 2021 money and got a servicable player. We now have 13 roster spots taken (no Barea, no WCS).

Let’s talk about Barea. Do we need an end of the bench play-maker for just in case?

Been hearing he will be back but I wish we wouldn't waste a roster spot on him. I like JJB and think he would be decent especially being further removed from his injury. That being said I'd rather move on. The only thing is when you talk these end of bench guys you either need kids that won't complain ab minutes or vets who are both useful and won't complain ab minutes. There are many vets out there that are useful who will be unhappy with no minutes and guys who will not complain and are basically useless. If I had a choice btwn Lee and JJB being that guy who is useful in spots and doesn't need minutes, I would go with Lee. JJB can be a coach.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: James Johnson to DAL | Wright to DET | Ariza + JJ to OKC - by StepBackJay - 11-21-2020, 09:55 AM