Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(11-19-2020, 02:34 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:23 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Still love this trade and I love his caphold too which will only be like 16-milish. That is probably around the floor of what he actually signs. I suspect on this Mavs team JRich's value will be going up from there.

Yeah, that's the best part. They STILL have the flexibility to add another huge, huge piece at some point soon, and then everyone starts getting extensions. It's PERFECT.

I also think that this opens the door WIDE for the next big move.  With backcourt defender/secondary creator checked off, (and with a solid shooting option), I would love to see a move of THJ for OPJ go down.  That move, along with the MLE going to a guy like Milsap, and this offseason would be better than I imagined. 

Young players to develop... check!
Upgrade defense with 2 way players... check!
Maintain cap flexibility for potential big fish in '21...  Check!  

Luka/JRich/OPJ/Milsap/KP.  That would be a squad.  Best offense and top 10 defense.  True contenders... THIS year.  With good young depth filling in behind with both offense and defense.  Am I being greedy here?  Haha!  Btw, I love the trade.  I think JRich fits on so many levels, and much better for our team's needs than Lavine.  While that would have been great on offense, our point of attack defense would have been brutal.  Not feeling that way any more!  Nice work MBT!

I think the better move is to do OPJ without sending out THJ.  Lineup is Luka/JRich/THJ/OPJ/KP.  

You can get there using Wright/Jackson and a S&T of Lee.  Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright.  Williams was drafted to replace OPJ.  Why wait?  Replace him now.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by DanSchwartzgan - 11-19-2020, 02:43 PM