Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
This is another salvo in the decline of sports that got politicized and is now paying the price for it.  It matters not about any player movement its that they and leagues forced it down their fans throats.  These same fans who work hard all week and hear/deal with so many problems all they wanted was some time to watch people play a sport without stressing them out with politics.  Players by virtue of their status have so many venues/options away from the game to ram pol to masses yet chose to do it when viewers don’t want it.  NBA will never recover from these losses.  Some teams will not survive the money won’t be there.  Stadiums will never be full like before which dulls the game even more.  They blew it regardless your beliefs. If I went into a hamburger joint to get hamburgers and before they would fill my order I had to watch a political ad, I would never go back.  Their business is hamburgers, thats what I came for.

ESpin is going to let a ton of workers go.  The writing is on the wall these TV sports stations can’t afford to pay the NBA what they paid before.  Players will be taking a self induced pay cut.  Too bad for the HS and college kids.  Even the younger kids who aspired to play. Because of selfish rich players like LBJ they will have less opportunities to reach their dreams.  

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/13...7225897989
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday - by ThunderMav - 10-07-2020, 04:01 PM