Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lineup Discussion: Good on Paper Vs Good on Court
(09-25-2020, 12:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 09:44 AM)fifteenth Wrote: For THJ, he had shown that he could shoot and that he was starter material in Atlanta. Then he spent his New York years in an awful offense taking bad shots. 

But that narrative is not 100% accurate. THJ had never shot higher than 35% on catch and shoot threes in his career, including wide open and open ones. This year he jumped 7% (!!!) on catch and shoot threes. So this year is a total anomaly for him as a shooter, even when looking at his good, open shots. 

DFS also jumped from 30%, 33%, 32% on catch and shoot threes to 39% this year. He was 34% on 18-19 on WIDE open ones and 41% this year on WIDE open ones. 

Point being BOTH players had CRAZY jumps in shooting open, catch and shoot threes. Is it sustainable? That is the $15-20M question.

Point taken on THJ, but when THJ shot 35% on catch and shoot, don't you think it was at a time when 35% was more acceptable. The whole league has been getting better at 3 pt shooting. I don't think my contention that he had shown that he could shoot is completely off. But, like I said, point taken. 

For DFS, I had hope for his 3 pt shooting because he had a stretch in 2018/2019 that made me think his hard work had paid off, and then as time went on his shot got wonky again. I already said this, but before the season ever started I posted that I saw evidence that he was ready take a big step forward in shooting. And I turned out to be right. 

However, I do agree that they haven't done it enough to be considered a sure thing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lineup Discussion: Good on Paper Vs Good on Court - by fifteenth - 09-25-2020, 01:45 PM