Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
(09-20-2019, 04:08 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 04:01 AM)Xeroze Wrote: It feels sketchy and reminds me of the move of valleyofthesuns (phoenix suns fansite) to fansided without much notification over one summer. The community literally died overnight. Literally have no idea where most if the posters went since the other suns websites' communities tend towards ridiculous optimism instead of purposeful discussion and stayed that way. Hopefully db.com doesnt go down the same path.
I'm always most comfortable operating in the middle of the two extremes. I was tending toward the less optimistic side the last few years, I believe without too many being on the extreme sunshine side that I'll probably be more toward that side in the coming years. I've always fought against the snowball effect where one person says something optimistic, making the next guy need to say something more extreme in order to bring something to the table and so on.
i tend to move towards the middle of two extremes, but my concern thus far has been the utter lack of urgency on Fish's front. Which is weird considering he has a lot to lose in all this. 

On the forum here itself though, the mobile version is kind of weird (probably just not used to it) but i really like a web version (which i am using right now, while i was using the mobile version a while back). Brings the best forum features from the past few forum versions at both scout and 247 together. No more irritatingly weird problems with returning to main page. 

That said, i have difficulty seeing this forum being sustainable on its own without either fish's main db site at maven or something along the lines (basically writers writing articles). There's already reddit for that and the mavericks reddit has seen an influx of users (which might or might not be from 247) in the past few months. Yes, the discussions in forum style is more in depth, but if there isnt much new blood coming in there's a high chance it'll end up like other forums where the mindset tends to be rather closed or groupthink.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be the future of DB.com boards? - by Xeroze - 09-20-2019, 06:53 AM