Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of center play in the NBA
(09-17-2020, 08:42 PM)Mapka Wrote: He is also protected insanely good by Butler an Crowder, just look at the perfect little steps Butler takes to prevent Kemba from going around Bam.

Oh, I agree, Butler and Crowder are both defensive studs. And, Dragic is a sneaky good team defender, while Robinson and Herro play hard on that end. 

Just saying, though, I don't think they could get away with that approach without Bam and his ability to cover ground that quickly. 

But, to your point, you have to build the defense around him, and I give Spoelstra a lot of credit for that.

(09-17-2020, 06:53 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Bam is pretty awesome. He is also on 23 yr old legs. At his weight I think he isn't going to be able to be that nimble forever.

He'll age just like everyone else, but just like other greats, it won't be the death sentence people are afraid of. 

These dudes can play at a super high level well into their 30's if they treat their bodies like pros should. Chandler was on the highly athletic side of the center position in '11, and he was pretty damn old at the time. An NBA player's "prime" seems to be somewhere in the 28-33 range, because that's the sweet spot where they can still perform physically (though it probably requires more work off the court to do so) and they've finally learned enough and experienced enough to know how to win.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future of center play in the NBA - by KillerLeft - 09-17-2020, 08:46 PM