Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(09-16-2020, 04:40 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I think @"omahen" already made the point. Everyone loves Boban and wishes things went different but no one was/is willing to pay him more than the Mavs or trade for him. Just like no one was/is willing to to play him big minutes.

You guys are pretty funny.  You don't address any of the things that are actually posted, you just responding by saying "Well why didn't these other guys play & pay him more?" Tongue as though that settles how much he should play no matter what we actually see on the floor. 

You don't actually address or respond to what the Coaches actually said on the record, like Van Gundy saying it was his biggest coaching mistake in Detroit not to play him more, or Popovich saying he felt like an idiot not to resign him but having to encourage him to take the bigger pay day for his family because the Spurs couldn't match. 
Doesn't that imply that had Van Gundy or Popovich been able to keep him he might have played more minutes under them? 

You ignore the fact that his lower minutes under those quality coaches were also affected by playing behind All star starters like Tim Duncan, Andre Drummond, Joel Embiid at the time. 

Its funny how none of you comment at all on Shaq's comments about Boban being maybe as important as the the 3rd potential impact player on the Mavericks, especially during that Clipper series, which sounds strange until you actually look at the + rating in his limited minutes on the floor versus when he was off the floor. 

I have not seen a comment about Bobi's monster game performances like the one on video there against the great Nikola Jokic or his big + impact minutes in the series against the Clippers or the game where he was +10 only to be cut short and glued to the bench when the team started getting killed by those Clips.   

Just keep repeating "but, but, nobody gave him a lot of minutes!". 
Btw, I'm not even arguing how many minutes exactly he should get.  I'm saying its been obvious at times that his performance on the floor indicated he could have helped the team in more important stretches. 

On offense, it doesn't matter to this point exactly how Jokic scores.  Either the offense is more efficient or not.  Either the rebounding is better or not. 
I'm saying Jokic was called "unstoppable" on offense by Doc Rivers and Boban can be just as unstoppable if his actual usage were high, no matter where his offense would be initiated from. 

The point is he scores, inside, free throws and pulls the defense in opening up offensive space and lanes for Luka and the other Mavericks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by Dahlsim - 09-16-2020, 08:44 PM