Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(09-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Not at all.  Just as Jokic torched the Clippers for instance with 22 killer rebounds Boban, in short minutes similarly torched the Clippers on the boards.  Isn't that a similarity that has impact on a game? 

It isn´t. Jokic wasn´t killing the Clippers on the offensive board. He collected def rebounds. That´s important but not really special. Jokic had 10 off rebounds in the entire 7 game series. That´s actually really bad for a center. Why? Because he spends most of the time on the perimeter. Be it as the ballhandler or screener.

(09-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: That strategy of sitting an extremely productive player and Assuming he can't do for a longer time  is almost as illogical as your post, but then I understand how short memories of fans can be. 

Oh. So we are getting a little bit snarky. Well...I´ll bite.
Personally I think it is illogical when a person countinues to repeat the same case over and over again. Not even addressing potential counter arguments.
Just think about it. When you think that the entire world around you is narrow minded and no one understands your point maybe they actually aren´t and it is just you.

(09-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: You should probably go back and actually read some of the posts in this very thread and see the facts of the way Boban ACTUALLY performed in this series.  Based on the facts of his per minute and game by game performance over limited minutes and opportunities your comments just way off base.  Boban is way more flexible on offense than you describe.  Just go back and watch the videos even in this thread and that's all the evidence you need.  

Don´t need to. I watched every single minute of all 6 games. He abused Harrell (just like Jokic) because of his height advantage in the paint and Harrells lack of outside shooting on the other end. Boban did not have the same kind of impact when Zubac was on the floor and RC benched him because the offensive advantage no longer outweighted the defensive problems.
Agree that Boban played great in his limited minutes but that was actually a great coaching job from RC. He found a favorable matchup and exploited it.
Disagree on the bolded part. Please explain what you mean. Boban is a gifted scorer in the paint. He has a soft touch around the rim and due to his size he can get deep post position. He is a solid freethrow shooter and even tried to expand his range but I wouldn´t say that he is a good shooter overall. He obviously is a great rebounder. He is a solid passer as well.
With that said. He cannot put the ball on the floor. That´s just a big disadvantage in the modern NBA and it limits his efficiency in the pick and roll and as a playmaker.
If you really watched Jokic vs the Clippers you would understand that they did not run their offense through the post. The one play that the Clippers couldn´t defend was a simple high pick and roll with Murray as the ballhandler. When Jokic caught the ball he basically only had to make the right read. Wait for the Clippers rotation and find the open shooter or put the ball on the floor and take it to the rim/shoot. That´s something Boban could never do. He lacks the mobility and the handles that make Jokic special.

There is nothing that Jokic did in this series that relates to the way Boban played against them except for some post up touches against Harrell. If you just want to use every single great center performance to continue your season long rant about the lack of bigman minutes. Carry on.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-16-2020, 04:07 PM